Me

Me
Being Me

Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Team

We were given another assignment in class to work in teams and put together a paper and presentation on our FITs experiences, plans of changes, additions, and modification for an online instructor. I have to say this was somewhat interests because everyone in the group had different experience but seem to have parallel experiences as it relates to the student and somewhat different experiences working the instructor.
Personally, my experience as a Facilitator with the class I was involved in focused on the assignment of Mobile Learning. There were 2 students in the group on being more involved than the other. In a nutshell, the instructor posed questioned for discussion related to this topic requiring feedback amongst each other and what I found, feedback from other peers from other groups. One of the original 2 in my group responded regularly while the other person took a while. I tried my luck to get involved in the discussion by adding a little feedback of the topic and at the same give awareness of my presence and somewhat of an introduction of myself. Although the student knew from the instructor that I would be involved as a Facilitator, I didn't want to interrupt the instructor's overall objects for the student in the class. I didn't want to be a little more involving, therefore I also post question with my discussion to trigger more feedback. There wasn't a response at the beginning literally no feedback at all from on the group member. Eventually, she did post but only discussed feedback from questioned given the instructor. I did a little observing for a while to get a feel of how the tone was being set. I posted another question eventually and directed them directly to the student..Example-”what are your views on this situation John Doe". That actually prompted feedback but nothing more than that. The instructor eventually posted another question not only did my group give immediate feedback but so did other in other groups. I thought that this was pretty interested because it seemed that the students were doing just enough and only what was asked of the instructor. There was no real exciting interactivity for learning besides Collaborative along with visual presentation through PowerPoint. This class actually reminded me of a graduate level class with a very boring theoretical boring type of instructor. My question is where was the interactive learning for this online course? It really didn't seem that the instructor put together the class for online at all. Personally, I think that I would have our facilitation involvement throughout the whole class to aid in a deeper development of the instructor’s online teaching process. We were already in a facilitation class and learning as we were going about specifics of online teaching so why not.
Wow, think I really got off of the subject the Team Project of our FITS assignments.
Well, we have posted our paper and presentation on Blackboard and will be presenting it tonight. Two of the people in the group received feedback and discussion with the instructor while the other did not which includes me. Two of the group member that did get feedback from the instructor was based from asking too many question to their students in the group and let another student know that her involvement was in a since "too" involving. As the facilitation relates to the students all of did receive at some sort of involvement with them.
Our assignment as a team wasn't that difficult or too intense because none of us were that involving with our groups. Individually we gave our interpretation the facilitation process assignment and put it together when we met collectively. Paying more attention to details at toward the submittal on Bb, more discussion and modification were made. In addition and as of today we way and decided that more changes need to made, therefore we will be revising our paper for final submittal after the presentation tonight.
Until then......check in on the next post...

No comments: