Me

Me
Being Me

Thursday, October 25, 2007

At the Midway point in class

Hello to my class and everyone who is reading this bog entry. Evidently it has been a while sense my last post but you know how we can get sometimes: lazy, forgetful, last minute or just plain careless. Of course I would none of those but I will say that it is better late than never and good thing happen to those who wait. :-).

My focus with this entry is on my current class status to date that has actually been interesting in the sense that is has really kept me busy, more than I expected. It has also been really helpful and beneficial toward the enhancement and development of various projects with my job. One of those projects focus on Continuing Medical Learning through Video and Web casting media. This is is part of my job that has a focus area of Distance Education. With this class and the subject of "Blended learning", Instructional Technology Learning Styles, Online Media and attention to Social Communication related to the Web, I have a deeper vision and design detail related to my job assignments. I have been more involving with integrating various Medias with my projects for an outcomes base towards efficiency and quality of learning. An example of what I have worked on is at the following web address. Check it out and tell me what you think.
http://www.med.wayne.edu/cme/newCMEwebpages/publichealthonline_new.htm Focus on the construction of the site but definitely concentrate on the Video. Give me some feedback of what you think.

Also as another part of a project in the class, I have been given the responsibility to be an Online Facilitator of an online class. I do like the title but with what I had to do, I really didn't feel as important as the title gives. Pretty much I monitor a group on a discussion board that gave feedback and discussion to a particular subject area, "Mobile learning". The instructor posted questions related to this topic and supposedly discussion was collaborated between 3 people. I found it to be challenging because not all responded it seems until it was absolutely necessary. I found it quite interested to monitor this and event tried to trigger feedback myself by adding my own related questions but it just seemed like I was just another ignored post. I thought that my assignment as facilitator would be more involving but at the same time, this was a learning experience as a new facilitator so I didn't mind as much. I am hoping to learn more and get more involved an Online Facilitator.

Well folks, until next time....

No comments: